International Conference on Bilingualism 2015
Valleta, 24-25 March 2015
About the Conference
The Organising Committee is pleased to invite you to a three-day conference on Bilingualism to be held on the 23-25 March 2015 in the historic and cultural city of Valletta in the Mediterranean island of Malta.
Over the past decades, research has focused on both individual and societal bilingualism. This conference proposes to explore issues related to language choice and language attitudes, as well as language policy and management in the various educational and public spheres. In view of the global status of English and the fact that it is often one of the languages in the bilingual’s linguistic repertoire, an important focus of this conference is the emergence of varieties of English in bilingual and multilingual settings.
This conference aims to have an interdisciplinary exchange of ideas with researchers and students from different linguistic backgrounds.
We welcome papers on a wide range of topics including:
- Theoretical approaches to bilingualism
- Language policy and language management in the educational domain
- Pedagogical implications of bilingualism
- Bilingualism and the linguistic landscape
- Bilingualism and language attitudes
- Varieties of English
- Bilingualism and Identity
- Bilingualism and Biculturalism
- Immersion programmes
- Sociolinguistic and sociocultural themes in education
- Child Bilingual Language Development
- Third language acquisition and Trilingualism
- Bilingualism and Translation
- Bilingualism and Literature
- Bilingualism and Philosphy
- Bilingualism and Cultural Studies
Type of Presentation
Proposals are invited for Paper Presentations.
Abstracts of no more than 300 words should be sent to Professor Lydia Sciriha by the 30 November 2014.
Submission Deadline: 30 November 2014
Date of notification: 31 December 2014.