Call for Papers
Institute of Linguistics of Russian Academy of Sciences
Research Center on Ethnic and Language Relations
Moscow, 22 – 25 September 2014
“LANGUAGE POLICY AND LANGUAGE CONFLICTS IN CONTEMPORARY WORLD”
Research Center on Ethnic and Language Relations of Institute of Linguistics of RAS will hold International Conference “Language Policy and Language Conflicts in Contemporary World” on 22 – 25 September 2014 in Moscow.
We encourage proposals of general relevance to language and society problems, the following topics are suggested for discussion on the Conference:
1) Language policy in globalization context.
2) Language legislation: experience and perspectives.
3) Role of language in ethno-language conflicts.
4) Development of ethnic languages in condition of globalization: positive and negative tendencies.
5) Modern theories on correlation between language ant ethnos.
6) Minority languages: problems of survival in globalization epoch.
Round Table “Eurolinguistics in inner European and global perspective”.
Presidents of the Organizing Committee:
Dr.Sc., Professor Vida Yu. Mikhalchenko
Dr.Sc., Professor Sture Ureland
Vice-President: Dr. Sc. Aisa N. Bitkeeva.
Please, submit an abstract (upto 7 pages) and author’s information electronically by 20 March 2014 to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Abstracts should be submitted in Russian or English with annotation (in English or Russian). Authors will be notified of (non-) acceptance in April 2014. Registration fee is 100 Euro.